Our next open day will be Tuesday January 22nd from 10am – 12pm. To make an appointment please contact our Admissions Manager Angela Cocke via email at email@example.com.
- Pupils will be aged between 7 and 18 years.
- All pupils will have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- The EHCP will specify that the pupil exhibits social, emotional and mental health needs and/or have a diagnosis of autism or demonstrate behaviours associated with autism.
- Pupils will normally have been assessed as being within the low average to above average ability range.
- Pupils may have learning difficulties and/or low attainment that are associated with their SEMH/ASC needs.
- Pupils may have specific learning difficulties associated with ASD, a range of complex learning and communication needs and additional needs such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- Pupils may be admitted on the basis of their need for therapeutic support. (See section on therapeutic support.)
All pupils admitted to The Wenlock School will have been initially referred by their Local Authority (LA). If, after reviewing the information provided, the school believes that the pupil meets the admission criteria, arrangements will be made with the LA for the parents/carers and pupil to visit the school. The visit will include a tour of the school, introduction to key staff and a meeting at which the school policies and curriculum are discussed. Visitors will have the opportunity to ask any questions they may have. If, following these visits, all parties are agreed that the pupil’s needs can be met at the school and that the pupil and parent/carers are committed to the placement, arrangements will be made for admission.
The school provides places for up to 90 girls and boys aged 7 to 18. Classes will have no more than eight pupils except where planned otherwise, for example, in P.E. where a whole year group may be taught together.
The school also offers provision for day pupils from the local regions and neighbouring authorities.